Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Plans

I want us to be able to brew three batches at once. One batch is equal to two gallons, for a total of six gallons at a time in the kegs. I had an oversight while ordering supplies. I only ordered two sets of bottles. If I want to have beer bottled and carbonating, while we ferment another six gallons (to keep the pace going), I will need three more sets of bottles for a total of six sets; 12 bottles per set  x 6 = 72 Bottles. So far my first three sets are all plastic, I will switch to glass for the last three, though I may substitute the set of three, for six, one gallon growlers. I will also need at least enough plastic bottle caps to reuse the original plastic set in the far future (when the first thirty-two beers are gone). I would have obvious storage problems if I was doing this alone, luckily, I think I can talk the guys into holding some at their places, so that we all have storage problems ;)

Hopefully I can get to the UPS guy today, and not have to pick up the packages at the post office tomorrow. I plan on uploading  a video to YouTube, of all of the collected supplies when they get here. This way everybody can see what the stuff as we get it. Of course the bottles mentioned above will not be included, but a whole bunch of stuff will be in it, including the original kit I have pictured in the previous post.. It will just be me in the first video, I live in the Akron area, and they live in the Cleveland area, work, distance, etc.

I will need to get more spring water, I honestly didn't think it would ship so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment